If you’re lucky enough to live by the sea, then you get to enjoy many visits to the beach. If you’re lucky enough to have money, then you know summertime is the perfect time to travel to the ocean. If you’re me, well, then you can only imagine spending lots of time catching waves or dozing on the sunny sand. But whether you are a regular beach bum or you simply wish you could visit the coast, take some time to get your creative juices flowing with these beach writing prompts.
- Diane and her friends are enjoying some sailing when a squid straight out of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attacks her boyfriend’s boat and pulls it out to sea. How does she save him?
- Eric is a fisherman who accidentally catches a mermaid! After he frees her from his net, she offers him three wishes as a thank you. What does he wish for?
- Three kids find a bottle on the beach which holds a treasure map! Unfortunately, all of the clues are all written in Greek. How do they read the map?
- In order to connect with her teenage daughter, Elly spontaneously signs them up for a team sandcastle building contest. What happens during the competition?
- When Zoe is dragged away by a riptide, she discovers that she can breathe underwater! Tell her story.
- Cameron wakes up from a nap on the beach only to find that night has fallen, everyone has left, and someone buried his body in the sand. Deeply. Yeah, he can’t get out. What happens next?